AVT’s VideoCrunch® Unit, or VCU, is a real-time wireless video unit with the ability to both record and transmit video that can be used in several applications, such as surveillance. Its wireless capability means that the VCU can be installed in a remote location where wireline access is not available, or in a vehicle. The user can connect to the VCU using an application program on a PC or laptop. When triggered during an emergency situation, the VCU sends a video stream to the home base computer, notifying security personnel of the problem and facilitating rapid response.
VCU 3000 Wireless Narrowband Mobile MPEG-4 Encoder/Decoder Transceiver
The VCU 3000 is a mobile MPEG-4 video/audio encoder/decoder unit for recording, transmitting and receiving good quality video over narrowband cellular and satellite networks thereby allowing moving or remote vehicles and assets to keep in constant contact with the resources needed in critical situations. Live video is transmitted from anywhere in the world to select monitoring stations by connecting over narrowband cellular, satellite, radio or other wireless networks.
Continual digital recording with event-triggered transmission allows instantaneous 24-hour wireless video and audio monitoring of expensive assets, wherever they are in the world.
- Airline Security — Transmit live video from airplanes directly to the ground
- Emergency — EMS, police, hazardous materials, fire, 911, search and rescue
- Shipping — Trucking, rail, marine, aircraft, armored vehicles
- Transportation — Taxi, bus, train
- Remote Asset Monitoriing — Film industry, news, military, municipalities, public water supplies, government, embassies, offshore, international, mining, forestry, oil and gas, pipelines
- Security — Perimeter, remote areas, solar powered remote units, security companies
|Product Specifications for Original VideoCrunch® VCU 3000 from 2002|